I started having some mild contractions last night. They weren't too bad, but they were intense enough to put a little healthy panic in me. I did a load of laundry, straightened the house a little, and put the infant seat together.
The contractions kept me up for part of the night. They subsided not long after I got up this morning. I stayed home from work since I didn't get much sleep. When I called the nurse this morning, she said what I was feeling was probably the baby moving down. She told me I didn't need to come in prior to my regular appointment time unless the contractions became regular. I had no noticeable contractions today, and I went in for my regular appointment at 4.
The doctor checked me and said that due to how far dilated I was, he suggested that we induce tomorrow morning. I was quick to say OK - the possibility of having another sleepless night is something I'd like to avoid!
Haley was unfazed by the news. For awhile now, she has said to me 'Mommy, you told me that baby Kendall would be born after my birthday!' She's right - I did tell her that - and she thought that by 'after her birthday,' I meant really soon after her birthday. So I thought she would be excited when I told her tonight that baby K was coming tomorrow, but she's pretty nonchalant about it.
I can't believe I get to meet my new little scooter tomorrow!!!!!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment