Saturday, May 24, 2008

Eating more frequently

Kendall has been eating more frequently, eating smaller meals, and throwing up more the past few days. She has had three episodes of projectile vomiting, which I absolutely hate. Here's her eating schedule from Thursday:

1 9:00 AM
2 11:00 AM
3 2:00 PM
4 4:25 PM
5 6:00 PM
7 8:50 PM
8 10:10 PM
9 11:45 PM
10 3:25 AM (Friday morning)
11 6:30 AM

Here's Kendall's eating schedule from Friday:

1 9:30 AM
2 12:55 PM
3 4:00 PM
5 5:30 PM
6 9:35 PM
7 10:45 PM
8 2:25 AM (Saturday morning)
9 5:00 AM

She did not eat again until 9:30 AM this morning.

Kevin got his head chewed off last night when he commented on the fact that she was eating so frequently - his comment was 'Aren't you doing yourself in by feeding her so often?' He quickly learned that this is not he kind of comment you make to a sleep deprived woman who is trying to figure out why her child's eating preferences have completely changed in less than 24 hours and who's trying to do her best to give her baby what she needs. Especially when you're the dad that doesn't have to get up at night ;)

So, last night, I thought it would only be fair to hand her off to him. I brought her to him sometime after the 10:45 PM meal. She was fussy and wouldn't go down easily for me. Kevin tried to let her sleep next to him on the bed, but he said she was too noisy;) He commented to me this morning that there was no way that I could sleep with her in the room with me if she was that noisy. He eventually got her to sleep in the crib for an hour and a half - I got her again after 2.

This morning, she woke up a little after 6. I was not willing to feed her again at this point. I put her in the bed next to me, and we both fell asleep. I didn't wake up until after 9. I don't like putting her to sleep in the bed with me and I don't want to make a habit out of it, but I really needed the rest this morning.

Haley and Kevin are off to the lake today to spend time with his family. I will do my best to keep Kendall awake as much as possible - we'll see how that goes! :)

No comments: