Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A little better night's sleep

I realized late yesterday afternoon why Kendall had such a bad night the night before. I added a few potentially bad foods to a salad on Monday - peppers and onions. I had already been eating cucumbers, but they're on the list too. I'm guessing it was the peppers and/or onions that set Kendall off and made her tummy hurt so bad. Of course, I realized this yesterday afternoon AFTER I had already had another big bowl of salad, and Kendall's tummy seemed to be hurting her some more late yesterday afternoon and yesterday evening.

It was not as bad, though. She still managed to go 1 four hour period between meals in the evening, which was great. Here's Kendall's eating schedule for yesterday:

Tuesday - Day time
1 8:30 AM (she woke up on her own a little over 3 hours after her last meal)
2 11:15 AM (again, she woke up on her own)
3 2:45 PM (I woke her up)
4 6:00 PM (I woke her up - she fussed alot a little while after this meal - I think her tummy was hurting)
5 8:30 PM (Kendall never took a long nap between meals 4 and 5. She slept a little and then woke up fussing and sometimes screaming).
6 10:50 PM - Kendall fussed some and seemed to be hurting after this meal, too. What finally seemed to help was laying her on my arm on her tummy. She went from screaming bloody murder to being totally calm after I did this.

Wednesday - Early Morning
7 2:55 AM - Kendall woke up on her own. This was our middle of the night 4 hour stretch - yea! She went back to sleep easily after this meal, so I think the effect of the bad foods were out of my milk by that time.
8 6:15 AM - Kendall woke up on her own.

Hopefully, the illusive 4 hour night time stretch will start becoming a regular thing sometime over the next week or so. This would allow both Kendall and I to get a good 3 hours of straight sleep.

Yesterday was supposed to be my first day with both girls and no help. Because of the rough night Monday night/Tuesday morning, though, I asked Kevin if it would be possible for him to work from home yesterday morning. He said yes, and this allowed me to get a good 45 minutes or hour more of sleep.

It was tough having both girls. I wanted Haley to have a movie day and watch movies all afternoon. She watched 1 (Cinderella, of course), but then got bored with it. She asked me to take her outside and then to please play with her, and I felt really bad that I couldn't do enough with her. We did get a few minutes of quiet time together to read before her nap. When Kevin got home, he took her outside and she spent the evening playing with the neighborhood kids, so she was really happy about that.

No comments: