The past week has definitely been a busy one. I started work back last Wednesday. Kevin was out of town, and my mom helped me out a ton my first 3 days back. Kendall caught her first cold a day or so before I went back to work, and she was up during the night alot last Tuesday and Wednesday nights. She was such a trooper, though. She must have felt rotten, but she really didn't fuss a whole lot.
I asked Haley to stay out of Kendall's face, but that was a futile effort. Haley still insisted on touching her, kissing her, and spending alot of time up close and personal with her. So of course, Haley got sick next, and Kevin and I have had it, too. I wonder how many colds we'll have this winter.
Kendall has had another first over the the past several weeks - grasping toys. She is now reaching a little and grabbing her toys. If you put a toy in her hand, she can hold onto it for awhile.
My big girl's sweet smile now looks a little different. Several weeks ago, she fell and bumped her mouth on the sidewalk. She busted her lip, and there was alot of blood, but I didn't realize at the time that she had hurt her tooth. A few weeks later, one of her top front teeth started turning brown/black. We've talked to the dentist, and he told us to wait a month or so to come in and have it xrayed. It's possible that her permanent tooth is damaged - we'll find out in a few weeks. Haley has said little about it, and she doesn't seem to be self conscious about it. I was a little bothered by it at first, but then I told myself that this was a silly, superficial thing to worry about. Her smile is still beautiful!!!!
Marynell made the yellow ducky dress for Kendall. The dress Haley's wearing is her 'puddle duck' dress. Marynell made it for me when I was a little girl, and it's one of Haley's favorites. She often asks to wear it first thing in the morning ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment