Sunday, June 1, 2008

My little pea pod

A few nights ago, I started swaddling Kendall in a blanket made just for swaddling - it has velcro closures to help it stay put. I've never been good at swaddling babies in a blanket. I can't ever get it tight enough.

Here is my little pea pod! When she's sleepy, she's ok with this. However, if she decides she wants her hands up by her face, she can get very angry very quickly. No matter how tightly I swaddle her in this, if she decides she wants her hands out, she can get them out.



Kendall has done very well at night the past few nights. For 3 nights in a row, she has gone 1 four hour stretch between meals - she eats (roughly) at 10 PM and 2 AM. Getting her back to sleep wouldn't be bad if we didn't keep having accidents right before I put her back in the cradle. Two nights ago she spit up everywhere and last night we had a diaper incident. But the important thing is that she seems to be learning to space her meals out a little longer in the middle of the night (I should knock on wood right now).

Haley has had a cold, and I haven't let her touch or kiss me or the baby. I've also tried to keep her several feet away from us. She's such a good sport - she hasn't gotten her feelings hurt about this at all. It's hard to carve out time to play with her when I'm so tired during the day, but I'm trying. Here she is a day or two ago when we enjoyed a brownie sundae together while Kendall was napping.

No comments: