Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Prenatal Appointment #7

All went well at my prenatal appointment this morning. The doctor said the baby's heartbeat was great, her placenta looked good, and that she had plenty of amniotic fluid. Baby was relatively still, which BTW was not the case at 7:30 this morning, when she seemed to be jumping and flipping all over the place. However, we did get to watch her move her little hand up to her mouth - that was neat. She is measuring right at about 33 weeks, which is where I should be (I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow).

The second half of this pregnancy is very different from the second half of my last pregnancy - with Haley, I felt fabulous from week 20 on. I didn't have trouble sleeping until the week before she was due, and even then, I still slept OK. I even took the stairs at work (in heels, no less) until the very last week. I was actually more comfortable in heels than I was in tennis shoes, flip flops, or flats.

With baby K, I'm not quite 33 weeks yet, and I quit taking the stairs at work a LONG time ago;) Mom and I painted the kitchen this weekend, and my back is still recovering. I must turn from one side to another in bed at least 20 times a night now. Tennis shoes and flats are more comfortable for my back than heels are. Luckily, I can usually fall back asleep pretty quickly, but I don't sleep for long without waking back up. Baby K seems to move alot more than Haley did, and it is actually uncomfortable and sometimes hurts - it never hurt with Haley. Dr. Hutchinson confirmed that this is due (at least in part) to the fact that my uterus is more stretched out this time around.

None of these are meant to be complaints, but it is interesting (and very surprising) to me that just 3 years ago, my body dealt with pregnancy in such a different way.

No comments: