Sunday, April 20, 2008

Disney Princesses on Ice

We kicked off Haley's birthday weekend Thursday night with Disney Princesses on Ice! I had to work late, so we missed some of our pre show plans, but Marynell and Haley still got to go see Cinderella's red carpet arrival. Marynell told me how pretty Cinderella's carriage was, and Haley told me that the horses that pulled the carriage were stinky ;)

We had a quick dinner at Chickfila, and I surprised Haley with her birthday present - a new Cinderella dress! She was VERY pleased with it. We put it on over her clothes. She insisted on wearing her shoes the entire night. The crown didn't last too long, though. Haley did not want to wear the coordinating Cinderella necklace I got her, either - she informed me that Cinderella does NOT wear a necklace.



While we were getting our tickets at will call, we saw Laura, Abigail, Missy, and Lindsey. Haley was SO excited to see Abigail. She ran to the stairs and said 'I have to go see Abigail Claire!' Here are Lindsey, Abigail, and Haley.



One of the things we had planned to do before the show was have dinner and play time with Latausha and Jasmyn, but we weren't able to make it because I worked later than I planned. Haley still got to sit next to Jasmyn at the show, and they had a good time. For much of the performance, they were both mesmerized by the show.



I didn't get to see Haley's face when the show first started, but I DID get to see her face when Cinderella came on the ice - she was the last one on. Haley's face lit up - she was very happy to see Cinderella ;)

A few times before and after the show, Haley spotted little girls around her age wearing a Cinderella gown. She approached each of these little girls and wanted to pat them or hold their hands. She told at least one girl 'Look, we're twins!'

No comments: