Thursday, August 6, 2009

Haley's Swim Lessons

Haley had her first swim lessons this week. She took 4 lessons, and it's amazing how far she came in this short time. Haley fell into a pool not long ago, and she's been very afraid of the water since. Our goals were to get her past her fears and make sure she could swim to the side of a pool, if necessary.

Mom took her each day; I came on day 4 to check out the progress and watch how her instructor worked with her.



From July August 2009




Even on day 4, Haley was terrified to get in the water. She did not enjoy swimming her laps, but she had no choice - she had to do it.



From July August 2009



From July August 2009



I did not see a single smile on her face at her lesson today. When we got to the pool tonight, she was apprehensive and didn't want to get in the water. But once she warmed up, she started enjoying it! We saw lots of smiles tonight. By the end of the evening, she was driving us crazy - she wanted to get back in the pool as soon as dinner was over, and she did not want to leave at the end of the night - even though she was so cold she was shaking. She was proud to show O and Kevin what she had learned.

Here is Haley swimming her little 'laps' at her last lesson. She had already done several little laps when I started the video, and her instructor was not kidding when she told her she had 48 left to go.



I've been very slack with videos this year...I will try to catch up soon. There are a few more swim lesson videos on the 2009 playlist, and a few videos from Haley's end of the year preschool concert.

Haley and Kendall's 2009 Videos

No comments: