Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My sick little scooter

Kevin and I took shifts staying home with Haley today; she seems to have caught some sort of nasty little bug. She's been coughing at night and naptime for nearly two weeks now, and it seemed to get worse this weekend. Mom took her to the dr for us on Monday. The dr wrote us a prescription for an antibiotic but asked us to wait a few days before we fill it. He suggested that he cough seems to be breaking up, and she may just have something viral that will run it's course. Kevin and I both agreed (how often does THAT happen?).

Haley started feeling pretty bad Monday night. She woke up crying at 4:30 AM this morning, and she didn't sleep for any real period of time after that (neither did I!). It definitely seems that she's caught something new; the cough/congestion she's been battling for a few weeks can't be what's making her feel so bad today.

I've never seen her feel this bad - she spent all day on the couch. She didn't even want to get up to go to the bathroom. She's never had a fever this high before, either. It was 103.1 late this afternoon. By alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours, we've brought it down to 100.3.

Everyone keeps reminding me that we need to get better by this Friday night for Disney Clubhouse - hopefully, we'll be able to do just that!

Here's my little scooter...she NEVER naps on the couch. However, she laid there all day today and took 3 or 4 naps.



Haley did not talk much today, either. Just a few minutes ago, she felt so bad that when I asked her if she was OK, all she would do was nod her head - she couldn't even say 'Yes.' However, when I was bathing her tonight, she said 'Mommy, I love you.' She also walked from the den to the kitchen tonight to hug my legs and pat baby Kendall while I washed dishes. What a sweetie! Who could complain about taking care of a sick baby when you get affection like that in return?

No comments: