Monday, February 18, 2008

Jennifer's Day Off

I had the day off from work today, so I got to spend it with Haley. We both slept in until about 8:00. A little after 8 AM, I heard Haley yelling 'Mommy! Mommy!' I yelled back upstairs to her, and she replied 'Mom, can I get up now?' I told her yes, and she yelled 'Thank you!' I'm not sure how long this will last, but it's nice that she asks our permission before getting out of bed in the morning.

It was rainy outside, and I was very sleepy, so I pulled her up onto the bed with me and let her watch cartoons for an hour or so (OK, maybe longer;). When I finally started getting her moving for the library, she wasn't thrilled - she preferred to stay in bed and watch cartoons - but we eventually got moving. We had our favorite breakfast - chocolate chip muffins and fruit - before heading off to the library.

Today was the last day of Haley's current toddler story time class at the library. I got to see the other kids, moms, and grandmoms that Haley and Marynell talk about all the time. The class even sang one song an extra song because as the teacher, Miss Leslie pointed out, they wanted to help Haley's mom learn it ;)

Haley and Marynell talk all the time about Haley's Monday library class friends, Pierce and Ryan. Ryan wasn't there today, but I did get to meet Pierce. He and Haley sat next to each other in class, and when the class was over they ran around together for awhile. They were very cute. Here they are picking out books to take home at the end of the class.




Here are Haley and Pierce running around the children's room.



After our library class, we headed over to Great Grandmama Jenkins house. We ate lunch with Great Gran and her helper Gia. Haley had fun playing with both Gia and Great Gran. Here are Haley and her Great Grandmama together.



Haley decided that Grandmama needed to take a nap. She used the remote to her chair to get her to recline.

No comments: