Saturday, February 9, 2008

Valentines Day Tea

Haley, her doll Emma and I went to a Valentines Day tea today. As we got dressed, I showed Haley one of her blue dresses and asked her if she wanted to wear it. She said no, she wanted to wear her Valentines Day dress.

Haley's 'Valentines Day dress' was a birthday gift from Summar and family last year. Haley loves it. I think she calls it her Valentines Day dress because she gets the polka dots mixed up with hearts. She has not seen it in a few months - it's been up stairs with the other out of season dresses. However, she still remembered it and because we were going to a Valentines Day tea, she was insistent on wearing it. The weather was warm today (70ish), so she was able to wear it.



The tea was fun. Little booster seats for the dolls were provided. Haley and I had a choice of hot chocolate or tea. Haley talked all morning about drinking tea, so she was not happy when I ordered hot chocolate for her. I changed her order to tea, but she would not try it when it came. She was perfectly happy with the hot chocolate, though.

Haley had a pink heart shaped cookie with ice cream, I had strawberry cake, and Emma had a chocoalte. Haley helped Emma out by eating her chocolate for her. It was a fun afternoon.

No comments: