Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Swinging and Rollin

Mom, Dad, Haley, Kendall and I went to the beach this weekend. Kevin stayed here - he is not a beach person. Rather than drag him with us, I asked at the last minute if he wanted to stay home. He quickly said yes!

After spending 3 days with the kids, I needed a break and needed to get some things done. Kevin watched both girls most of the day Monday. Wouldn't you know he got to experience a couple of 'firsts' with each of them. Haley learned to pump in the swing when they went to the park. Kevin, Marynell, and O have been working with Haley on this, and she finally picked it up this weekend. I saw her do this on Monday, and I was so excited. Now, she and Kevin can swing together instead of Kevin just standing behind her and pushing.

On the same day, Kevin watched Kendall roll from her back to her tummy! She first rolled from her tummy to her back weeks ago. Marynell has seen her roll from her back to her side, but never all the way to her tummy. Kevin watched her do it twice on Monday before he got the video camera out. She did it again tonight while I was in the room. I turned my back for one second while she was on her back. I turned back around and she was on her tummy. Kendall is also grabbing things more now.

No comments: