Sunday, March 16, 2008

Easter Carnival at Pine Island

Haley and I were planning on going to an Easter Egg hunt at church this weekend. Due to forecasts of severe weather, the organizers made the decision on Friday to cancel the Saturday event. We were disappointed, and I asked Mom if we could still make it to the Pine Island carnival that was scheduled for the same time. Marynell was able to get us reservations.

The dress that Haley wore to the carnival was not the dress I had in mind. However, Haley saw it hanging in her closet and really wanted to wear it. Marynell made this dress for me when I was a little girl.

The carnival was WONDERFUL - Marynell and I took Haley. Haley had a fabulous time. I told her we were going to an Easter party. As soon as we got out of the car, she was ready to run. She saw the games and rides from a distance, and it was all we could do to keep her with us - she wanted to run past the sign in table to start playing. The weather looked a little gloomy when we got there, but the rain held off and it ended up being very pleasant the entire time. When we left after a good two hours of playing, Haley told us in the car 'That was a very nice party!'

Here are some pics - we will definitely try to make it back next year!

Haley's first ride was the train. Because there weren't many kids there, she got to go around several times.



Afte the train ride, Haley got to bounce - this is one of her favorite things to do.



After bouncing, Haley got to ride on a pirate ship ride!





Next, we were off to meet the Easter bunny. Haley only hesitated for a minute, then she was happy to sit on his lap.



Haley rode the big slide several times. This is probably the biggest slide she has ever gone down.





Before lunch, Haley and Marynell had some cotton candy (I had popcorn). Haley had no trouble finishing her entire stick of cotton candy.



We played a couple of games. Haley won a yo yo when Marynell helped her with this game.



Haley played putt putt - she enjoyed trying to get the ball in the hole, and she did NOT want any help from Marynell or Mommy.



We had Chickfila nuggets - and cheetos - for lunch. Haley enjoyed her entire lunch, including her cheetos!



We spent an hour or so after lunch at the playground - Haley had a ball.



Haley did great on the monkey bars - with Marynell's help!



What a fun day!

No comments: