Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Prenatal Appointment #4

I had my fourth prenatal appointment yesterday - I was right at 22 weeks. Everything went well. We saw the heartbeat and confirmed that baby is, indeed, a girl. We found out at our last visit that we were having a girl, but I wanted to confirm! The doctor said her amnio fluid level was good. He did a few measurements, and she was measuring right at 21 weeks 6 days, which is right where she should be. At my last doctor's appointment, she was measuring a little big. The doctor told me that this was probably because his measurements were a little off (he says he sometimes measures big), but I was still glad to see this time that she appears to be right on! The doctor estimated her current weight at about a pound.

Baby is still head up, feet down.

This was my fourth ultrasound, but this was the first time Kevin was able to make it to an appointment with me and wait long enough to see the ultrasound. He came to the doctor with me for my last appointment, when we were scheduled to find out the sex of the baby. However, the doctor was running over an hour behind and Kevin had to leave for work.

My appointment was early in the morning, and I forgot to drink any caffeine before I went. Baby girl was very still (as she has been for each other ultrasound). I asked the doctor to please confirm that this means I am going to have a very calm, easy going baby, but he was unable to help me out there ;) He did say that he would like to do follow up to find out about newborns that have really loud, shrill, cries. I told him I could give him some information there - baby Haley was a VERY loud new born, and she is still (and always has been) a live wire!

I am logging baby's milestones (first time I felt her move, date we found out she was a girl, etc) on a Google calendar - the link is on the left hand side of the page. When she grows up and has babies of her own, I hope she will enjoy looking at her calendar.

No comments: