Thursday, January 24, 2008

Conversations with Haley

Haley can be such an enthusiastic and positive little person. Here are some cute things she has said lately:

Haley watched Marry Poppins with Marynell one day this week. After watching Mary Poppins (magically) clean up the nursery, Haley turned to Marynell and said 'She's very talented!'

We've been working on Haley's big girl room upstairs, and Kevin painted this past weekend. Haley really didn't understand why she couldn't help him paint - she really wanted to paint the walls with him. We went upstairs frequently to check his progress (she just couldn't stand it). When Haley first saw the blue (the color she requested) go up on the wall, she said 'Kevin it's wonderful! You need to put some purple on there, too.'

I called Haley from work today to chat. Some days, she is interested in talking to me, but some days she is just too busy. Today, we had a delightful conversation. She had lots of questions and she was very positive and enthusiastic about what I was doing. She wanted to know if I was at work or at home; I told her I was at work. She said 'Oh, that's fabulous!' She then wanted to know what I was doing at work. I told her I was working on the computer. She then asked what I was doing on the computer. I told her I was working on a project plan. Haley has no idea what this is, but she responded 'That's fantastic!' About thirty seconds later, she asked again 'Mom, what are you doing at work on the computer?' She didn't know what I was talking about, but she still thought it was all fabulous and fantastic ;)

On another note, my big girl has recently dropped Mommy and Mama as her preferred names for me. She is now calling me Mom instead. I do NOT like it. Mom is what an older child or a teenager, NOT a two year old, calls her parent. I'm trying to get her to go back to Mommy, and I'm hoping this is just a phase :(

No comments: