Saturday, February 28, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday to celebrate with Haley. There's no stress and busyness like there is at Christmas, and I really enjoy making Valentines with her. Unfortunately, Haley got sick a few days before Valentine's day this year (and she's still fighting something), so we had to cut some of our plans back. However, we still had fun.

This was my first Valentine's Day photo shoot with TWO little princesses to dress up!

From January February 2009


We didn't get to make as many Valentines as we wanted to, but Haley still got to decorate Valentines for all of her classmates and some of her other friends, too. She had fun choosing stickers and decorating the Valentines with glitter and markers. She wrote the 'Hal' to sign her name on most of the Valentines; I did the 'ey.' Next year, Kendall may be able to join in and make some Valentines of her own.

From January February 2009


I was hoping Haley and I could make and decorate cupcakes together for her class party, but with Haley sick, that didn't work out. Marynell jumped in to save the day, as always, and made us chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting (Haley's choice, of course). She used heart shape cupcake holders and decorated the cakes with sprinkles. Haley's friends at school enjoyed the cupcakes. Haley went to her party for a few minutes - I thought she was feeling better, but she was worn out and didn't stay at school too long.

From January February 2009


Haley enjoyed opening all the Valentines from her friends! This is something I remember from elementary school - I LOVED opening all the Valentines from my classmates.

From January February 2009


Haley with her presents from Marynell.

From January February 2009


Guess what Kendall did with her presents??

From January February 2009


Marynell and her Valentines:

From January February 2009


And yes, Marynell made Haley's dress. Haley wore it last year as well.

No comments: