Friday, July 11, 2008

Haley's 1st trip to the dentist

Haley had her first dentist's check up last week. I was SO pleasantly surprised - she did a fabulous job! She cooperated fully while they cleaned and flossed her teeth, treated them with flouride, and examined them. As my mom points out, kids are better for others than they are for their parents - Haley used to protest pretty regularaly while I tried to brush her teeth. She's doing better, though. We've done a pretty good job this summer of brushing twice a day, and we've kept up with that. We need to be flossing, too, and we haven't started that yet. Hopefully, I can start that routine before I go back to work.

The dentist told us that kids don't need juice at all - not even when it's watered down. We've pretty much eliminated juice since then - Haley was drinking plain water before, and she's getting more and more used to it now. Kevin still insists on giving her juice, but she only gets water with me.

We were also told that it's a good idea for kids (and grown ups) to drink a little water after each meal if they're not planning on brushing right away.

Here is a video of Haley's teeth cleaning.



Below is a video of Haley checking out her fabulous prizes.

No comments: