Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kendall - 16 Months Old

From September October 2009


Kendall's language and expression has really taken off over the past month or so! I realized today that I need to start writing these things down, or I will forget all of her first little words. Many of them probably aren't super clear to most people, but Mom, Kevin and I (and probably Haley, too) understand alot of what she's saying :)

Mama
Dada
up
uh oh (when she first started saying this there was an exagerated pause between the uh and the oh)
eyes
ears
nose
Bear (sounds like Bah)
milk (sounds kind of like malk; - she calls all drinks milk)
snack (pronounced nak)
baby
bow (which she promptly pulls out of her hair)
all done
night night (nah nah)
fish (pronouced like fis - for actual fish, sometimes for goldfish)
bye bye

Kendall knows where her tongue is (she sticks it out for you if you ask). She can point to her eyes, nose, ears, teeth, feet, and just over the past few days, her knees (she initially got this mixed up with nose). She has known the correct response to 'what does the puppy dog say' for awhile now. She also often responds correctly when asked what the cow or horse says.

When asked how old she is, she will hold up her index finger. She sometimes says 'one,' but sometimes she just shows us her little finger.

The past few days, I've noticed that in her books she can point out babies, flowers, fish, sometimes trucks. She somtimes (though not yet consistently) will point to the correct animal.

She loves her books - loves, loves, loves them. If you ask her to go to her room and bring you a book, she is delighted to do so.

No comments: