Monday, June 8, 2009

T Ball

I signed Haley up for tball this year. It's such a challenge to keep her constantly entertained - I thought we might enjoy having an organized activity for her. She actually enjoyed it more than I thought. She got excited about getting hits, about running the bases, and after going after the balls while in the outfield. We were several games into the 'season' before she actually caught any balls - she was very excited about catching her first ball. She never got disappointed about running after the ball and not catching it - she was excited just to run after it;)

Watching the kids play was very entertaining. After every ball was hit, there was almost always a pile up of kids. The coach had to start yelling 'We're on the same team, guys!'

Here's Haley after her first hit in her first game. She was grinning not because of the hit but because she noticed her dad had arrived just as she got to first base.

From MayJune2009


Running...after her first hit.

From MayJune2009


The kids got trophies after their last game. Snacks came near the end of EVERY game. Haley was the last one up to get her trophy. I had to push her to put her snack down for a minute to accept it. She asked 'What's a trophy?'

More pictures to follow later from Mom's camera...

1 comment:

Alexa said...

She looks like she's a great player! I can't believe she's big enough to play T-ball. That is so cool! Go Haley!!! Is the season still going? Maybe we can make it to a game!