Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year!

We have had a very busy Christmas week. We celebrated Christmas with the Starnes at lunch on Christmas Eve, Christmas with Great Grandmama Wooten and family at dinner on Christmas Eve, and Christmas with Great Grandmama Jenkins and family on Christmas day. Because Haley misbehaved on Christmas Eve, Santa did not visit on Christmas day. This did not phase Miss Haley, however. She had so many other presents and so much family fun that she did not miss a beat.

Haley has been much better behaved since Christmas day, though, so Santa visited yesterday (Saturday). Haley's favorite toys from Santa included her new Minnie Mouse doll and her Cinderella dress and accessories. Her absolute favorite was her new Barbie guitar.

We visited lights at the zoo last night with Marynell and Oscar. As usual, one of the zoo visit highlights was Haley's carousal ride. Haley rode the tiger tonight, and she had so much fun because O rode with her. O enjoyed the ride, too, and after the ride I suggested that Marynell and Oscar take Haley to the fair next year. I joked that they would all have a blast and Kevin and I could take a break. Marynell and Oscar reminded me that no, we wouldn't be able to take a break because we would be taking care of another little one. Apparently, I had a disappointed or surprised look on my face, and Marynell and Oscar got a great laugh out of this. Haley joined in with the laughing, too, even though she didn't know what the joke was about.As busy as Christmas was this year, I know we will be even busier next year! Happy New Year!

Haley riding the carousal with O.



Marynell and Haley laughing at Jennifer.



Kevin and Haley milking the pretend cow.





















No comments: